'Jeopardy!' executive producer Mike Richards will leave the show, Sony says, amid lingering controversy

Business News
Spread the love


Mike Richards accepts the award for Outstanding Game Show for Jeopardy! during the 48th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards broadcast on June 25, 2021.

Daytime Emmy Awards 2021 | Getty Images Entertainment | Getty Images

Mike Richards will no longer serve as executive producer of the “Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune” game show franchises, a Sony executive said in a statement Tuesday.

Read the full memo from Suzanne Prete, executive vice president of business and strategy for “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy!”

Dear Team,
 
I’m writing to let you know that Mike will no longer be serving as EP of Wheel and Jeopardy! effective immediately. We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at Jeopardy! it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks. That clearly has not happened.
 
Michael Davies from Embassy Row has agreed to help with production on an interim basis until further notice. Michael and I will work together with all of you in the weeks ahead to ensure that production remains on schedule and we do not miss a beat as we head into the new season.
 
I know this has been a challenging time for the entire team, and I want to thank you all for your cooperation and professionalism over these last few weeks. As Ravi mentioned last week, I will be more involved in the day-to-day on our shows moving forward and I am looking forward to working closely with all of you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything. 
 
Sincerely,
Suzanne

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.



Source link

Leave a Reply