Mastercard’s CEO Backs CDBCs, But Not Bitcoin

Mastercard’s chief executive Ajay Banga sides with CBDCs over crypto, saying that the latter’s volatility scares away new investors While the financial service company has pledged to get 1 billion people connected to the banking system, the executive doesn’t see any major impact of cryptocurrencies in achieving the milestone. Banga believes that Bitcoin is not […]

Continue Reading

OKEx, Still Paralyzed by Founder’s Arrest, Details Plans for Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork

Cryptocurrency deposit withdrawals are still suspended at the OKEx exchange following a founder’s recent arrest, but officials with the Malta-based company are moving ahead with other matters, including planning around an upcoming hard fork on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

Continue Reading

Winklevoss’ Gemini exchange to count crypto taxes in real time

American cryptocurrency exchange Gemini is partnering with tax compliance firm TaxBit to help its customers treport their crypto taxes with TaxBit’s Tax Center Suite solution. Tyler Winklevoss, CEO of Gemini exchange, said that TaxBit’s software will help reduce the “pain point of crypto tax,” enabling users to track the real-time tax impact on their crypto […]

Continue Reading

Market Wrap: Bitcoin Hits $11.8K; Ethereum Gas at All-Time High

The bitcoin market is experiencing low volume Monday but ether continues to fuel DeFi’s growth. Bitcoin’s price opened the week heading higher, hitting $11,823 on Monday before dipping lower. “Bitcoin has settled into a consolidation position at $11,700,” said Daniel Koehler, liquidity manager at cryptocurrency exchanges OKCoin. “It appears that traders are waiting for better […]

Continue Reading

Bitcoin’s Transaction Fees Nearly Triple To Double Digits

Bitcoin’s transaction fees have posted a massive surge that has seen the average fee go to double figures According to data obtained from crypto aggregator platform Glassnode, transaction fees constitute 22.25% of Bitcoin miners’ income whereas the rest (77.75%) is made up of the block rewards. This current share of fee revenues is so far […]

Continue Reading

Securitize Is Taking Ethereum-Based Securities Into the DeFi Realm

Connecting the worlds of security tokens and decentralized finance (DeFi) is the next logical step for Securitize, a kind of regulatory-compliant fixer when it comes to tracking and trading blockchain-based securities. Announced Monday, Securitize is teaming up with a protocol called Tinlake from Centrifuge, which uses a clever system of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to enable […]

Continue Reading